Honey Badger at sea

Honey Badger at sea

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

in Hawaii! First day of equipment checks

May 20, 2015

First full day of work here.  I (Tracy) stopped by yesterday and dropped off sampling bottles for them.  While they were out collecting water for me to filter as a Phyto-flash blank, Brad and Chuck  started on calibrating the C3s and I downloaded new software for the LISST-Holo.

There are some issues. We aren't seeing the C3s data uploads for some reason and the LISST-Holo is giving me errors linked to intermittent power failures. This is very odd since we have no evidence of power flickers in the building, but I guess it does not take much. I've moved the system to a different circuit panel altogether for the last run of the evening.

Some pictures of the day:

Honey Badger on display. The tank in the back is where the buoyancy testing for the tow fish was taking place
 


Brad doing a  buoyancy check on the towfish

 Chuck in the innards of the SV2 working on the C3 fluorometers

 Brad taking the LISST-Holo out of the towfish for the software upgrade




No comments:

Post a Comment